Fees and Payments
Fees are payable in advance by the first day of term. There is an option to pay in installments and by using Childcare Vouchers (see below).
* Harcourt Pre-School fees: £5.50 per hour. **Please note that the fees will be increased slightly from 1st September 2018 to £5.75 per hour.**
* Sessions as follows:
Morning 9.00 - 12.00
Morning and Lunch Club 9.00 - 12.45
Afternoon 12.45 - 3.15
Lunch Club and Afternoon 12.00 - 3.15
All Day 9.00 - 3.15
* The Free Early Education Entitlement (see below) provides funding for up to 15 hours a week following the child’s third birthday, with a maximum of 6 hours a day. Eligible Two Year Olds are also entitled to 15 hours free entitlement. We do not offer the 30 hour funding.
* Lunch Club: children bring in their own healthy, packed lunch to eat with their key group/ person. This can be paid using the Free Early Education Entitlement.
* Induction Fee: A £50 Non refundable fee is payable when parents confirm a place for their child. This fee enables us to offer a carefully planned settling in procedure including providing a Parent Information Pack, Open Afternoons to come in for a play and Home Visits.
* A one-off Payment towards your child's Online Learning Journal and Child Record: £20.
* There will be a small charge for the Christmas Party and Forest School transport. The payments for these events is currently £7 per child.
Paying by instalments and Childcare Vouchers
* Pre-School fees may be paid in three monthly instalments per term (Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms). The preferred method is online payments to the pre-school's bank account by the first day of term. Please ask Suzanne or Veronique for details.
* Childcare Vouchers: the setting and the employee will need to register with the scheme provider. Obtain information from your employer as to which company administers their scheme. Once we are registered with the relevant provider we will be able to accept your Childcare Vouchers.
* The Free Early Education Entitlement is payable from 1st September, 1st January or 1st April after your child turns three. The date from which your child receives funding is noted on your bill.
* To receive funding parents must complete a ‘Parental Declaration Form’ and provide a copy of their child’s birth certificate.
* The registration form asks how many hours you wish to receive funding for Harcourt Pre-School. The maximum allowable is 15 hours. (We do not offer the 30 hours funding) If your child attends an additional setting, funding can be split between the two, up to a combined total of 15 hours.
* The number of hours your child attends above the number of funded hours will be charged at the current hourly rate of £5.50. **Please note that the fees will be increased slightly from 1st September 2018 to £5.75 per hour.**
* We are also registered to provide Free Places for Two Year Olds. Parents must be in receipt of benefits. Please request an application form.
* If you have difficulties paying the bill at anytime, please discuss with Suzanne as soon as possible.
* If we do not receive payment by the specified date parents will be reminded within two weeks, they will receive a written reminder after one month and, if payment is not received by the end of the term, the place will be withdrawn.
Notice Period and Refunds
* Harcourt Pre-School requires a double-term’s notice period (that is, Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms) if you no longer require the place.
* Unfortunately, refunds can not be made for absences through sickness or holidays.
* Harcourt Pre-School aims to be a fully inclusive setting and aims to remove all reasonable barriers for children to attend the setting. Children will be offered a place regardless of their gender, culture, language, religion, physical or learning ability, parents’ ability to pay or home location.
* Harcourt Pre-School operates a waiting list system and children are allocated places in waiting list order. The main intake is September; however, children may be contacted, in waiting list order, if places become available through the year.
* Parents are contacted in March/April to discuss places for the September start. Our usual intake is around 40 children; this includes approximately 25 three year olds and 15 two year olds.
*We accept children from the age of two and a half years old. Approximately five spaces a day are reserved for two year olds.
*We offer flexibility in terms of the days and sessions a child attends, subject to availability. Minimum number of sessions (a ‘session’ is half a day): children who are three years old on 1 Sept are required to attend for at least three sessions; children who are two on 1 Sept are required to attend for at least two sessions.